- Category: Communications
- Published: Friday, 30 January 2015 14:41
Oral Presentation at the 2nd International Conference on Occupational Radiation Protection: Enhancing the Protection of Workers - Gaps, Challenges and Developments, Vienna, Austria, 1-5 Deccember 2014.
The second International Conference on Occupational Radiation Protection, organized by the IAEA, co-sponsored by the ILO and in cooperation with several other international organizations, was held at the IAEA’s Headquarters in Vienna, Austria, from 1 to 5 December 2014.
10 years after the first international conference on this topic, the objective of this second conference was to look backward on what has been achieved in the improvement of occupational radiation protection and to identify gaps and challenges for the next decade.
This presentation summarises the conclusions from sessions and round tables, addressing notably the following topics:
- Recent Changes and the Challenges in the Practical Implementation in International Recommendations and Standards on occupational radiation protection
- Radiation effects and health risks from radiation exposure at the workplace
- Dose assessment and dose record management
- Occupational radiation protection in industrial and research facilities
- Occupational radiation protection in emergencies and post-accident situations
- Occupational radiation protection in medicine
- Occupational radiation protection in the workplaces involving exposures to NORM, cosmic rays and radon
- Occupational radiation protection in the nuclear fuel cycle
- Education and training in occupational radiation protection
- Safety culture
Download Oral Presentation A1219