Axe 4 : Contribute to improve the management of post-accident situations
- Category: Programme
The CEPN will continue the analysis of the feedback experience from the management of the consequences of the accident at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power plant. The analysis will focus on the support of the populations by radiation protection experts, on the stakes associated with the agricultural and economic activities in the affected zones as well as on the organization of the health and radiological surveillance. This reflection will be based on the involvement of the CEPN in the Dialogue Initiative of the International Commission on Radiological Protection and on the cooperation established with Japanese universities and organizations. It will contribute to the development of recommendations and strategies for post-accident preparedness and management at the national, European and international levels.
The CEPN will continue the analysis of the radiological protection issues related to the decommissioning of the damaged Fukushima-Daiichi power plant in order to draw lessons on the management of occupational exposures as well as on the approaches adopted to deal with the materials, waste and discharges resulting from these activities.
- Feedback analysis from the management of post-accident situations
- Further work on the preparedness programme for institutional and local actors for the management of post-accident situations
- Deepening of the reflection on health and environmental surveillance frameworks
- Continuation of work on food and non-food products management in post-accident situations
- Feedback analysis on the radiological protection issues associated with the management of the damaged site of Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power plant